Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Okay, here goes....my first post!

I decided to start a blog for the year 08. Why? Well, why not? What a great way to get your thoughts down and share them with others. I was a journalism major in college and I love to write so this will be my outlet for all of my random thoughts.

Where to start?
Thought one for 08 - Wal-Mart sucks! Yep, totally  - can't stand it, loathe it, avoid it like the plague. So yesterday we need outdoor spot lights to help save our plants for the upcoming freeze our weatherman are so happy to share with us. Being the Wal-Mart hater that I am, I suggest a trip to this mega-mart to save us a 30 minute drive to another store. Needless to say, we get our stuff home and low and behold one of our items is broken and doesn't work. So we pile back in the car and head back to Wally world. We get the glorious opportunity to stand in the line for Returns/exchanges. What is it about the people that staff these types of establishments? Their only power in life is to move as slowly as possible and make you wait as they take their sweet time having meaningless conversations with their coworker who is holding another poor person hostage at the counter. They avoid all eye contact with you, they let you know just how bad they don't want to be there and that they have better things to do. Well maybe that's why they are working at Wally World and are stuck behind the oh-so-appropriately named "Customer Service" Counter! What a joke! Moral to the story, never give in again to that devil that shouted "just give Wal-Mart" one more try! 

NO WAY - TARGET BABY!!! 

My Favorite Places to eat in The Woodlands

  • America's
  • Black Walnut Cafe
  • Cru
  • Hubell & Hudson Bistro
  • Jasper's
  • Lupe Tortilla