Friday, March 7, 2008

Great Read!


Thanks to my dear friend Noelle for recommending a book that lets you escape your day to day cares! Check out twilight by Stephenie Meyer. Yes, it is located in the Young adult section of most bookstores, but don't let that lead you into thinking this is some teeny-bopper random romance novel! Think Interview with the Vampire with a much better story line!

Since I purchased this book at Target on Tuesday, I have had a very hard time pulling myself away from it. Something keeps sucking me back in and keeping me locked to it's fast-moving pace. Stephenie's writing style is very detailed but not to the point that will bog you down. It moves very quickly and the suspense is just enough.

Twilight was number one on the New York Time's bestseller list for several weeks. Here's a brief synopsis of the novel according to Publisher's weekly:

"The main draw here is Bella's infatuation with outsider Edward, the sense of danger inherent in their love, and Edward's inner struggle—a perfect metaphor for the sexual tension that accompanies adolescence. These will be familiar to nearly every teen, and will keep readers madly flipping the pages of Meyer's tantalizing debut."

If you like the first book, there's two more that follow. In addition, she has completed a prequel that is capturing many readers as well. Just wait for the movie coming this December! I'll be there - but maybe not after dark!

My Favorite Places to eat in The Woodlands

  • America's
  • Black Walnut Cafe
  • Cru
  • Hubell & Hudson Bistro
  • Jasper's
  • Lupe Tortilla